Saturday, March 29, 2014

Clips and goods and deeds

I had to appear for a very special and important interview this past week. I was prepping for it. My friends who were helping me asked me mock questions and one recurring question was, "What are your weaknesses?" (I might write about the interview later) One of my weaknesses right now is how I find myself distracted and doing different things than I started out with. I am mostly busy watching fb-shares by people regarding social good, videos of cute dogs/babies, ellen, websites etc. So, the weakness sometimes comes in handy and helps me gain positive information and inspiration. 

Here are my biggest finds of this week:

1. Nyayya Health (estbd. 2008) website has changed for the good. Their new name is Possible Health - "Making health care possible in world's impossible places".  I was studying their profile for my interview and I came across their website that follows the footsteps of the current bandwagon of non-profits owning ultra cool website layouts such as that of the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. This comparison is only an assumption. (You web developers, please go easy on me!)  Their webpages have vibrant color and graphics showing the change they have brought to communities in Nepal and highlight their new model of health assistance.
Follow this link to know more about their awesome free-health deal in association with the Nepal government: 
http://possiblehealth.org/ 

2. This amazing clip by Punjita Pradhan on anti-molestation/ child sexual exploitation / Abuse whatever you call it: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhJ5ABqYdM

3.  This video about this awesome Kathmandu ko thito who teaches in remote Dolpa half the year and half of it he spends raising funds to do that, collecting support from local donors in Kathmandu. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vw7zaE-So

4.  This dog that was rescued by some men. He is absolutely grateful and if this video does not deserve to go viral then i don't know why the internet exists!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ol7ojcRU8

5.  Emma Watson's latest interview w/ Ellen. She is graduating from an excellent university, I wonder if she had to write an application essay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmk6THwG5L0 
I like when Jason Bateman says, "My Junior High wasn't an attractive bunch of world leaders."
Also, Emma writes journals. That made me catch up with my diary entries!

6. On a good note, my Professor recommended to me a book that has helped him be more organized and overcome distractions! So yay! I am glad I utilized the office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate healthy discussions!